Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Shopping Thrift Store Style

Last Saturday I visited a small thrift store that I'd never been to before . Wow it was full of great accessories. The entire store was 50% off which made the prices hard to pass up. There were many more items I loved but didn't want to spend more than $10 so this is what I ended up with.



Look at these 5.5" tall alabaster horse bookends for only $5.



And these zippers were only 25 cents each.The original price is still on the packaging for 65 cents. Any guesses to how old they are?



The upholstery fabric was 1 yard for $1.25, milk glass dish 50 cents and hammered brass planter $2.50. The entire purchase came in only at $10.25!

I also stopped by Joanne Fabric and spotted this textured fabric in the remnant section.


In person the blue is a tad lighter, almost like a denim blue. The fabric is 66" wide and I purchased the entire 3.5 yards left for a total of $13. Once hemmed it will be a perfect tablecoth for my formal dining table with both leaves. Or I might be tempted to use it in the kids rooms upstairs.

Anyone else come across some crazy deals lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will respond to all comments soon as possible!