Monday, December 16, 2013

New Tablecloth and Other Decor Updates

There have been a few project updates going on around here the last few weeks. I finally got around to hemming a huge end of bolt fabric purchase from Jo-Ann Fabric. For only $13 we now have a new dark blue polka dot tablecloth that accomodates the table when fully extended with both leaves.


In the background you may have noticed a new holiday wreath. I went directly off of this tutorial using plastic dollar store ornaments and a foam floral ring from Michaels. I needed about $11 worth of ornaments which included some small gold and silver jingle bells to fit in the smaller gaps. The foam ring was spray painted beige in case any spots peeped through and jute string was used to hang. This close up picture does not do the color justice which made it appear much more yellow than it really is.


Next a cheapo clear plastic frame was studded out with brass studs normally found on leather goods straight from this tutorial. Come on, ain't it cool?



And finally after spotting this $1 tray hack I picked up two of the hexagon trays from Target's Dollar Spot. Using my new favorite handy dandy Krylon Gold Leaf Pen they now looks tres chic...

Right now they hold a few dollar store gold trees for the holidays.

Gotta love the humongous painting of my dad.

While many times I'm winging it when doing things around the house, I just had to try out some of these fun projects from other people's blogs. Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel when others have already done such a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will respond to all comments soon as possible!