Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Painted Bathroom Nook

You know when you just can't take something the way it's always been in your house for..one..more..second..? That was how how I felt towards a little nook in the first floor bathroom.

While perusing Pinterest suddenly I had the urge to to paint it right that moment. It would have been cool to introduce a print or bolder color but the only thing on hand that would work was a gray paint sample from Sherwin Williams, Mindful Gray. So off I went to scrounge up supplies from the basement. Two coats and one hour later I was looking at this.

Look at that transformation! What a huge difference! What...you don't see it? In person the gray paint stands out more than these pictures. Unfortunately this small bathroom has no natural light and iphones can only take, well iphone pictures.

When placing items back on the shelves I switched a few things up. Out went the distressed metal planter from Anthropolgie replaced with various milk glass vases. Also a few books were placed between the alabaster horse bookends.


Since we're taking a peek into this bathroom for the first time here are highlights of other items in the space. After purchasing the house we replaced the grey pedestal sink with a white wash basin and polished nickel faucet from RH. I've always loved this style of sink and thought it would go well with the existing marble floor and 100 year old house.

I totally fell for this nickel light fixture on clearance from William Sonoma Home and calendar prints hang in frames from IKEA..


The walls are still SW Cottage White along with the majority of most rooms in the house. I finally feel good about this little space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will respond to all comments soon as possible!