Friday, January 24, 2014

Easiest Little Girls Dress Ever

I'm all about keeping projects short and simple. Well this girls sundress is as easy as it gets. One day when trolling the clearance aisle at Joann Fabric my 4 year old spotted this fabric and was obsessed with it.

With an additional 50% off the sale price I picked up a half yard for $6. My plan was to cut it to make 2 dresses, one for each of my girls. After hemming the bottom, a basic straight stitch attached the sides of the fabric to create a tube. A 2 inch strip of leftover fabric was folded and sewed to make the straps.



The seam is on the side and barely noticeable. My daughter wanted the dress very long and has been wearing it around the house everyday since.



The dress will grow with her for a few years of use. When she saw the camera she went right into her Tae Kwon Do kicks and blocks followed with these poses.

Unfortunately I was a little short of fabric to make the second dress. I sewed it together anyway and my youngest happily squeezed herself into it to be like her big sis.



Not the typical clothing choice for the "Polar Vortex" we're experiencing but the girls love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and will respond to all comments soon as possible!